- Greg Hastings Paintball 3 Video Game and Social Paintball League Join Forces
- Alex “Mouse” Goldman Signs with LA Infamous
- Vicious’ Trevor Resar Joins LA Infamous
- Demetrius Ninios and San Antonio X-Factor Part Ways
- Dalton Vanderbyl Back to San Diego Dynasty
- Alex Rodriguez Leaves the LA Ironmen
- Tampa Bay Damage Unretires from Paintball
- 2015 SPL (Social Paintball League) Event Schedule Announced
- Paintball Movie | “Zombie Killers: Elephant’s Graveyard” (2015) Exclusive Trailer
- Interview with PSP’s Lane Wright on 2015 Rule Changes
Ask the Pros: Halves or Race-To Paintball format? [Video]
- Updated: December 26, 2013 at 3:08 PM
Earlier this year, we sparked a debate towards the PSP choosing to continue using the standard “Race-To” format as opposed to the previous “Halves” style of play. Currently, in the professional Race-To format, the first team to score 7 points wins; or the team with the most points after 20 minutes, wins. Apart from Tennis and Volleyball, paintball is the only professional sport to date that has a “ceiling” when it comes to scoring points against the opposing teams, limiting the victors to 7 and the losers with the inability to form a heroic comeback in the last minutes of a match. An example of halves would be, 2 periods with 10 minutes of playing time each. The team with the most points at the end of the 2nd period gets the victory.
In our latest video, we asked several pro paintball players what their opinion was on the topic and the answers just might surprise you.
What are your thoughts on the different formats?