- London Vicious Sweeps CXBL Elite Series Title
- 2014 PSP World Cup Field Layout Released
- Chapter 6 of Internal Damage, “High Hopes”
- Chapter 5 of Internal Damage, “Chopping Block”
- Interview with Baltimore Revo, Going Pro at PSP Chicago
- 2014 PSP Chicago Open Field Layout
- Chapter 4 of Internal Damage, “Blindsided”
- Riley Sullivan and XSV Part Ways, New Players Added to Roster
- Baltimore Revo Goes Pro, Enters PSP Challengers Division
- Pro Team Texas Storm Disbands, Fire at Home Field
Ask the Pros: Halves or Race-To Paintball format? [Video]
- Updated: December 26, 2013 at 3:08 PM
Earlier this year, we sparked a debate towards the PSP choosing to continue using the standard “Race-To” format as opposed to the previous “Halves” style of play. Currently, in the professional Race-To format, the first team to score 7 points wins; or the team with the most points after 20 minutes, wins. Apart from Tennis and Volleyball, paintball is the only professional sport to date that has a “ceiling” when it comes to scoring points against the opposing teams, limiting the victors to 7 and the losers with the inability to form a heroic comeback in the last minutes of a match. An example of halves would be, 2 periods with 10 minutes of playing time each. The team with the most points at the end of the 2nd period gets the victory.
In our latest video, we asked several pro paintball players what their opinion was on the topic and the answers just might surprise you.
What are your thoughts on the different formats?