- Red Storm Signs with Social Paintball for 2014
- American Paintball League (APL) SoCal Open, Sunday Recap
- Video Premiere: Internal Damage, Chapter 1: Welcome Back
- PSP Releases the 2014 Dallas Open Field Layout
- Social Paintball Releases “Internal Damage” Trailer
- Jesse Stephens Leaves X-Factor: His Thoughts
- Dalton Vanderbyl Signs with Tampa Bay Damage
- Toulouse TonTons and Moscow Red Legion Merge Rosters
- Mykel Kovar Back to San Antonio X-Factor
- Art Chaos Announces Roster, Signs Axel Gaudin & Clint Moore
Sources: Houston Heat to Lose More Players, Monville, George, Woodley and Bouchez
- Updated: November 9, 2013 at 12:50 AM
UPDATE, 12/29/13: Houston Heat has confirmed that Sam Monville and Chad George will remain on the team for the 2014 season. Read more here: http://socialpaintball.com/2013/12/29/houston-heat-signs-montressor-moorhead-siewers/
– End Update —
What a wild week it has been for the paintball world, specifically that of Houston Heat and Art Chaos. The latest news from these two camps puts star snake player Chad George and Sam Monville leaving Houston Heat. We’re also told by a source close to the team that Chad “YaYa” Bouchez will not be playing, but instead focusing on managing the team and that Jon “LJ” Woodley is considering undergoing shoulder surgery during the offseason. This leaves Houston Heat with a large mountain to climb during the offseason as they now have 8 open spots, out of a possible 10.
Our source told us that “Randy will have a team” and that “Yaya will not be playing.” We’re also told that Houston Heat is assembling a team to attend the South African SARPL Super Cup during the first week of December and that more definitive answers about the team will emerge after the event.
This movement begs the question of “can they” or “will they” continue? And if they do decide to drop out of competition will it be before the 2014 season?
Neither team has made an official announcement, but sources close to Social Paintball and Paul Richard’s blog, View From the Dead Box, declare that the Monville and George deals are all but wrapped up.
We have reached out to the organization for an official statement, and await their reply.
Stay tuned as this breaking story continues.