- LA Ironmen’s Pestana: “MAO is huge for us.”
- APL 2014 Windy City Open Layout Released
- 5 Burning Questions For 2014 PSP Mid-Atlantic Open
- University of Central Florida Golden Knights Win NCPA Championships
- PlayGround Paintball League Event 1 Video
- 2014 NCPA Championships Day 1 Recap
- Watch the 2014 NCPA National Championships!
- 2014 PSP Mid-Atlantic Open Field Layout
- 2014 Mediterranean Cup Gallery, Millennium Series
- Major Tournament Cancelled in Malaysia
Edmonton’s Sudden Impact
- Updated: January 24, 2013 at 10:20 AM
In the last few weeks we have seen Impact make a run at Justin Rabackoff, Alex Goldman, Greg Siewers, and Dalton Vanderbyl. While Goldman and Vanderbyl’s stint with the team lasted all of a few days a piece, the message being sent from the Impact camp is clear: “We’re here, and we’re here to win.” Although their final roster has not been released, Impact fans have to be salivating to see how the team performs in the upcoming PSP season with options such as Ryan Moorhead and Greg Siewers on the dorito side of the field, and Tim Montressor backing Justin Rabackoff in the snake.
If we were to give teams an off season grade, Impact would easily slide to the top of the list with an A+. Although money does not guarantee success, the talent on Edmonton is beginning to rival any top tier program, and we believe it is only a matter of time before they see the podium. The game has not changed drastically since the team last played in the PSP and while they lost all their matches at the 2012 World Cup, it was obvious that the game was coming back to them as they continued to play. Then when you consider that many of the changes to field size have not effected the team – due to their lack of playing – it seems that the 2013 season has the potential to become magical. Detractors will easily say that “money can’t buy chemistry or the experience gained by playing together,” but the core of Impact is not changing, and you must consider that Impact is a “year-round” team that plays in multiple leagues: the chemistry will develop quickly. For more proof, take a look at what Houston Heat did last season; it can be done, more easily than you might think.
Also, there are indications that Edmonton may be looking to add one or two more big name players to their roster before the season begins, however nothing can be confirmed at this time. Either way, Impact is laying the groundwork for a team that has a very legitimate shot at winning any event.