- PSP to Shoot 10 BPS in 2014?Posted 13 hours ago
- Damage and Impact to Play WCPPL Pro/Open Division + 2014 DatesPosted 8 days ago
- Upton 187 Crew and Fox4 Paintball Sign with G.I. Sportz for 2014Posted 9 days ago
- Edmonton Impact Signs Timothy “Raney” Stanczak for 2014Posted 21 days ago
- WCPPL to Add Pro/Open Division in 2014Posted 31 days ago
- Sources: Houston Heat to Lose More Players, Monville, George, Woodley and BouchezPosted 34 days ago
- Timothy “Raney” Stanczak and Tampa Bay Damage Part WaysPosted 38 days ago
- American Paintball League (APL) to Debut in 2014, Shawn Walker Speaks about New Pro Paintball LeaguePosted 38 days ago
- Major Losses for Houston Heat: Edwards, Fedorov, Kniazev, SolnishkovPosted 42 days ago
- The Prodigal Son Returns, Jacob Edwards to Tampa Bay DamagePosted 42 days ago
Valken, Inc. Acquires SLY Equipment
- Updated: April 6, 2012 at 12:55 PM
We first learned of this sale last week during the NPPL Huntington Beach Surf City USA Open, but were asked to keep the information confidential until an official statement was made. The financial terms of the sale have not been made public, but SLY employees will remain on board to head the new SLY Division within Valken.
Valken Sports just posted the follow message on their Facebook page, confirming that Valken, Inc. has acquired SLY Equipment.
[quote]Valken Inc. is pleased to announce that it has acquired SLY Equipment.
Effective immediately, Valken will be manufacturing, selling and distributing the entire line of Sly Equipment which includes the Profit and Annex goggle systems, the PRO-MERC S-12 lineup of softgoods, protective gear and luggage; and the Pro-Merc Carbon Fiber barrel systems.
Products currently in development include a new line of high-end SLY branded Goggles and TRAINING protective gear along with a new gun and loader that are due out later this year. Annex will see the release of a mid level goggle system and also full head coverage.
Gino Postorivo, President and CEO of Valken said, “We are excited and proud to add SLY to our expanding line of manufactured products. Sly’s innovation, quality and popularity throughout the paintball industry will provide a more diverse opportunity for Valken, and the players, alike.” “Ken Anderson and his team will staying on as consultants and will be spearheading the SLY Division”, added Postorivo.
Ken Anderson, President of SLY LLC said. “A lot of companies chose to downsize and cut back on investment during the recession. We did the opposite and pushed ahead aggressively thinking that if we continue to put great products in front of our customers, they would continue to support us. We also realized very quickly that we needed to find the best way to distribute our products, and Valken opened the door for us.
Ken Anderson, his new role as Valken’s New Product Specialist said “The acquisition of SLY Equipment by Valken opens up more avenues for rapid development, vast distribution and integrated marketing and we’re glad to be part of the Valken team.” We have a lot of great new products in the works!”
As an added value for their customers, Valken can now combine shipments of paint, goggles, plastics, loaders and soft-goods at their Hong Kong facility, making for more-timely and less expensive worldwide distribution of these items.[/quote]